What to Expect
The following is a list of items a patient can expect at Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone) appointments.
- When you call our office, identify yourself as a Suboxone patient so that you can be scheduled correctly.
- We will need your, Name (First and Last) as well as your Birthdate.
- Try very hard not to change your appointment, as there are very few appointment slots available for
To participate in Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone) treatment in this office you must:
- See a substance abuse counselor with each visit.
- Be in a 12-step program-you must bring in signed meeting sheets as proof that you are attending.
- Come to all of your scheduled appointments.
- Have a drug screen with each visit.
- Women: You must be on birth control and notify us for skipped menstrual periods during treatment.
- We are now treating expecting mothers.
- Have initial labs including but not limited to screening for HIV, Hepatitis C, and liver functions.
- Avoid all addictive drugs and medications including alcohol and Marijuana.
- Your medication needs frequent authorizations and approvals.
- Please have your current insurance information available.
- Bring your insurance card to your initial visit.
- Please notify us with any changes to your insurance.
- Bring in your new card when it arrives.
- We will do this as quickly as possible but, we have no control over this process.
- Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone) can interact with Grapefruit, some antibiotics and seizure
- Do not use Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan) with Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone) it
can stop your breathing.
- Keep this drug away from children.
- Women: You must be on birth control while on Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone).
- Let us know if you suspect pregnancy.
- You should be vaccinated against Hepatitis B, if not we can refer you.
- The Public Health Department have overdose reversal kits
- You should have Narcan at home. CVS Pharmacy will provide it to you without a prescription.
Our goal is to work with you and keep you in treatment as long as necessary. If you have any problems, please call us.